Each year around my birthday, I select my favorite album from the last year. This is the third installment of that tradition, taken from February 2008 when I was still using LiveJournal as my main blogging platform.
A few years ago, I made an entry titled “Favorite Albums”. I happened to stumble upon this list just now and decided to update it for the three years since it was created. Scroll to the bottom for the new additions.
- aerosmith / big ones 1994 - 5th grade - 11 years old
- smashing pumpkins / mellon collie and the infinite saddness 1995 - 6th grade - 12 years old
- foo fighters / the colour and the shape 1996 - 7th grade - 13 years old
- weezer / pinkerton 1997 - high school freshman - 14 years old (…I skipped 8th grade…)
- unwritten law / self-titled black album 1998 - high school sophomore - 15 years old
- deftones / around the fur 1999 - high school junior - 16 years old
- a perfect circle / mer de noms 2000 - high school senior - 17 years old
- black eyed peas / bridging the gap 2001 - college freshman - 18 years old
- our lady peace / gravity 2002 - college sophomore - 19 years old
- foo fighters / one by one 2003 - college junior - 20 years old
- thrice / the artist in the ambulance 2004 - college senior - 21 years old
- yellow card / ocean avenue 2005 - post-college year in saginaw - 22 years old
- our lady peace / healthy in paranoid times 2006 - first year in chicago - 23 years old
- third eye blind / out of the vein 2007 - second year in chicago, first at depaul - 24 years old