Each year around my birthday, I select my favorite album from the last year. This is the original installment of what became a tradition. I did not explicitly select a favorite album each year between 2004 and 2008, but I did think about what it would be from time to time. It wasn’t until 2008 that I decided to formalize this as an annual tradition.
This is that first installment of this tradition, taken from March 2004.
Below are the albums that I listened to the most frequently each year for every year since I started listening to music.
- aerosmith / big ones 1994 - 5th grade - 11 years old
- smashing pumpkins / mellon collie and the infinite saddness 1995 - 6th grade - 12 years old
- foo fighters / the colour and the shape 1996 - 7th grade - 13 years old
- I skipped 8th grade, it’s a long story, you probably know that :-)
- weezer / pinkerton 1997 - high school freshman - 14 years old
- unwritten law / self-titled black album 1998 - high school sophomore - 15 years old
- deftones / around the fur 1999 - high school junior - 16 years old
- a perfect circle / mer de noms 2000 - high school senior - 17 years old
- black eyed peas / bridging the gap 2001 - college freshman - 18 years old
- our lady peace / gravity 2002 - college sophomore - 19 years old
- foo fighters / one by one 2003 - college junior - 20 years old